Micron Technology Low Power DDR4 (LPDDR4)
Micron’s LPDDR4 - Balancing performance, power, latency and physical space
LPDDR are DRAM devices optimized specifically to address the power consumption issues in battery-operated applications. It was originally developed for handsets and ultra-portables. Some of the reasons you would use LPDDR over other options are:
Performance: peak bandwidth 33% faster compared to DDR4
Optimization: x32 configuration offers BOM savings for certain low density applications
Power Consumption: 5 times lower power consumption in standby mode compared to standard DRAM
Space, form factor, weight: MCP (Multi chip package) and PoP (package-on-package) designs save PCB Space
- Densities: 2 Gb to 128 Gb - Provides flexibility for a variety of applications
- Configurations: x32, (2 channels, x16), x64 (4 channels, x16)
- Core Voltages: 0.6 V, 1.1 V - Helps Reduce Power Consumption
- Temperature Ranges: –40 ˚C to +95 ˚C IT, –40 ˚C to +105 ˚C AT, –40 ˚C to +125 ˚C UT
- Configurations: x32, (2 channels, x16), x64 (4 channels, x16) - Enables the use of fewer components to support wide bus architectures.
- Core Voltages: 0.6 V, 1.1 V - Helps reduce power consumption, a key advantage over standard DRAM.
- Clock Frequencies: up to 2133 MHz - Provides high performance, high bandwidth, and low power consumption.
- Power Consumption - Delivers low power consumption in standby and active modes, plus special mobile features to reduce power for a more efficient design (refer to datasheet for details).
- Special Features:
- Temperature-compensated self-refresh (TCSR) - Adjusts refresh timing to minimize power consumption at lower, ambient temperatures
- Partial-array self-refresh (PASR) - Reduces power by refreshing only critical data
- Deep power-down (DPD) - Provides an ultra-low power state when data retention is not required
- Programmable drive strength (DS) - Enables adjustment for operation in point-to-point and point-to-2-point applications
- Programmable VOH signal level - Enables adjustment for operation in point-to-point and point-to-2-point applications
- Temperature Ranges - Enables high performance in extreme environments:
- –40 ˚C to +95 ˚C (IT)
- –40 ˚C to +105 ˚C (AT)
- –40 ˚C to +125 ˚C (UT Ultra2)
- PoP - Saves board space by enabling a Mobile LPDRAM to be stacked on top of a processor so that the two components require only one footprint on the board
- Known good die (KGD) - Supports bare die with edge bond pads for easy stacking in SIP and MCP solutions
- FBGA - Supports JEDEC-standard FBGA ballout
- Automotive – Infotainment, ADAS, Communications, Clusters
- Industrial – POS/Retail
- Consumer – AR/VR, Home Automation, DSC/DVCs
- Networking – Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Devices, USB Dongles
- Security – Fingerprint Detectors, Digital Surveillance
- Client – Notebooks, Ultrathins, Convertibles, Detachables
- Graphics – Portable Games
- Medical - Patient Monitor, Defibrillator, Ptbl Ultrasound
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents