What’s happening in our world today is unprecedented in our lifetimes. It is a call to arms for every individual, every family, every government and every company to do whatever is necessary to help each other get through the challenge before us.
We’re doing our part for our community and our customers to combat coronavirus (COVID-19) through technology.
Particularly, demand has skyrocketed for ventilators, respirators, CT scans, ultrasounds and x-ray devices. In addition, peripherals like ruggedized tablets, printers and scanners are needed to support these applications and the overall increase in patients that hospitals are managing around the globe.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping to support innovation during this pandemic:
- We’ve created free, open-source block diagrams for those looking to develop these technologies.
- We’ve activated our communities to develop on-the-ground solutions for detection and support.
- Our Hackster.io community has partnered with the UN Development Programme to challenge designers to create affordable technology that supports those most in need.
- Our element14 community has launched the “Fighting Germs” design challenge, aimed at engaging problem-solving designers and engineers to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Our Integrated business unit is in overdrive developing medical solutions.
- Plus, we’re putting our money where our mouth is, donating everything from personal protective equipment for medical professionals to local, direct relief in hard-hit communities.
Avnet is doing everything we can to accelerate our customers’ ability to provide lifesaving solutions by leveraging our product development ecosystem and our global reach.
Even in times of great challenge, our mission is the same: We’re helping you Reach Further.