Ensuring your design works for manufacturing
Avnet helps you understand the manufacturing impact of design decisions, ensuring you’ve designed for manufacturability. Plus, we give you the short-term staff expansion of engineering partners with proven skills in a wide range of disciplines.
The pioneering Product Planner, developed by Avnet company Dragon Innovation, helps facilitate that process. Product Planner is an online tool that helps you analyze your Bill of Materials (BOM) structure and cost visibility. What’s more, once you’re in the tool you can tap into Avnet’s global network of engineers. They’re ready to deliver anything from quick feedback and cost estimates to design for manufacturing (DFM) reviews that give you clarity on what’s driving your COGS, lead times and more. Or, if you don’t want to do it yourself, we can do it all for you.
Product Planner will help you get a looks-like/works-like prototype backed by a stable BOM and CAD package. Then, you need to worry about one tricky word: scale.
Avnet’s here to help you scale, too. We provide the planning steps along the way, whether you need just a leg up in one step or a guide to help you to the finish line:
- Factory Pre-Check DFM Review: detailed DFM assessments with emphasis on manufacturing process, materials, and assembly to help you speed time to market while cutting complexity and cost
- Cost Estimates: carry out a detailed BOM analysis to help clarify the total manufacturing costs, whether that’s setting a baseline, drilling down on SKU costs or a top to bottom budget
- Component Sourcing: strong research carried out before manufacturing plans are completed provides insight on lead time, cost and inventory of critical components to your design
- Quality Strategy: planning is essential to delivering the user experience in your product that your customers expect
- Aesthetic Requirements: ensure that your design intent is reflected at scale
- Functional Requirements: clearly catalog all of the critical product behaviors and how they’ll be validated
- Durability and Life Testing: understand how to simulate the real world conditions that your product will need to stand up to