Getting parts to the production line faster
Having Avnet operate an In-Plant Store (IPS) within your production facility saves you time and money while reducing cycle times and inventory shortages during production runs. Letting Avnet take responsibility for materials management, shipping, receiving, stocking and getting parts to the line frees up time for the rest of your operation to do higher value tasks.
When you collaborate with Avnet on an IPS, you’ll get a highly efficient, cost effective, just-in-time (JIT) solution for keeping your product lines flowing.
- On-site Inventory
- Inventory cost exposure initiated at point of use transfer, Avnet owns inventory until release.
- On-site quoting and procurement support
- Inventory based on MRP or forecast
- Receiving inspection performed by Avnet
- Avnet absorbs freight costs
- ESD Certification
- Inventory rotation as appropriate for product type
- Supply base consolidation